REDDITCH United will spend another season in Southern League Premier Division Central after a narrow 1-0 defeat to eventual overall winners Leamington in the play-off semi-final.

The goal came in the 107th minute after the teams battled hard in a cagey affair to get to extra-time.

Neither team's keeper was called into action for the first quarter.

The first effort fell to the hosts as Henry Landers' shot was comfortably gathered by Adam Harrison.

Landers had another effort from a free-kick which went straight over.

Redditch’s first threat came through Aram Soleman who received the ball on the edge of the box but also fired over.

There was a sense of tension around the Community Co-op Stadium.

United had a good spell of pressure at the start of the second half as the Reds forced a corner and Ryan Wollacott smashed his header just wide.

Johnny Johnston drove into the box and his low effort was saved by Callum Hawkins.

Leamington players were furious after Musa Ceesay, who was already on a yellow, stopped yet another break.

The players had a little coming together but the referee dealt with it well.

The Reds were looking the better side and came close after Alex Cameron headed on to Johnston who forced a near-post save from Hawkins.

Callum Stewart went down in the box after a good tackle from Calum Flanagan and the home side shouted for a penalty but the ref waved away the appeals.

Redditch came close again when Morgan Owen drove down the right and cut back for Soleman in the box but his shot was blocked and cleared.

United came so close to taking the lead in extra-time after Johnston brought down a cross for the oncoming Alex Cameron whose effort was tipped onto the post at point-blank range by Hawkins.

Leamington then nearly scored down the other end as a cross was met by Tyrone Barnett but somehow Harrison managed to keep it out.

The deadlock was finally broken in the 107th minute when Harrison tipped another Barnett header onto the bar but the ball was tapped home by Jack Edwards on the line to send the Brakes to the final where they went on to surprise favourites AFC Telford United 1-0 to clinch promotion.

Redditch now have their summer break and look to build on their success next season.