After back to back losses, the Reds were hoping for a change of fortune away Rushall Olympic.

Rushall took the lead early on in the game, despite a positive Redditch start writes Tia Duckworth.

Daniel Glover picked the ball up and hit it from around 30 yards, Boucher got a palm to it but his back foot slipped on the way down, it looked like a goalkeeping blunder but poor fortune allowed Rushall to score.

They then came close to doubling their lead a few minutes after as a header looped and bounced the wrong side of the left post.

Redditch continued their good start to the half by equalising in the 22nd minute.

A Curtis Hutson corner saw Ryan Wallacott head beyond Palmer, the visitors were the better side overall in the opening of the first half.

Another opportunity fell the way of the Reds four minutes later after brilliant work down the right by Tiago, his cross found Hutson who's first time volley finish was wide of the right post.

The hosts upped their game and restored their lead in the 28th minute thanks to Simeon Cobourne who found the net with a clever, deft flick after they caused a problem down the right and was fired low across the near post.

Rushall controlled the remainder of the half and came close to giving themselves a two goal cushion as they worked it down the right once again but the post denied the hosts.

Redditch started the second half strongly, headed chance for Sweeney was saved by Palmer, then 18 minutes into the half Day laid it off to Rankin on the edge of the box, his curling effort was wide of the right post.

A big chance for the Reds fell their way with 10 minutes of the game to go and it would have been a great team goal.

Callum Niven controlled the ball well after a brilliant run, and superb direct ball from Luke Cox, but his fierce shot was well saved by Palmer. The Reds' persistence finally paid off shortly afterwards thanks to a stunning strike from Curtis Hutson.

He picked the ball up on the left, cut and drove inside the box and curled it beautifully into the top right corner of the goal.

Redditch’s hard work was almost undone in added time as Rushall created a very late chance that was blocked near the line and cleared away for a resulting corner, with the full time whistle following once the corner had been cleared. Final score 2-2.

The Reds were set to visit Boldmere St Michaels in the Birmingham Senior Challenge Cup on Tuesday (October 5) before a trip to Needham Market in the league on Saturday.