FABULOUS Feckenham have fought their way into the President's Cup semi-final following a 2-0 win over Bloxwich Town.

Dangerous Danny Murphy put the Millers ahead after 22 minutes when he curled the ball home past an onrushing Bloxwich goalkeeper.

Murphy then added a second goal on 67 minutes when he reacted quickest of all to bravely bundle the ball home following Bern Ellicott's cross.

But in the process of scoring, Murphy collided with the post and had to be rushed to the Alexandra Hospital as a result of his injuries.

That was after Bloxwich had started as the better side and were unlucky not to take the lead after hitting the crossbar before Jake Donnelly managed to clear.

Murphy has since been released from hospital and Feckenham boss Aaron Blackwood revealed: "Danny's had a few stitches in his knee and will be out for several weeks.

"The physio rushed over to him as soon as the collision took place and said he could see the bone. It was quite a deep cut.

"He was probably a little too brave for his own good, but he's ok now and that's the main thing.

"It's pleasing that the side have hit a bit of form at the moment, but I still don't think we're playing particularly well. I am sure there is more to come."

Feckenham's run of good form will be put to the test this Saturday when they entertain second placed Hampton in a Midland League Division Two contest.

Blackwood confirmed: "Hampton beat us 3-0 in the very first game of the season. They shocked us and they've shocked quite a few other people this season.

"We went into that game having just beaten West Midlands League Premier side Dudley Town 7-0.

"As a result, we got a bit carried away and I think we were a bit complacent and didn't give Hampton the respect they deserved.

"In truth, they could have beaten us more convincingly but goalkeeper Josh Goddard had a very good game and kept the scoreline down.

"We won't be making that mistake again on Saturday and we'll be looking to put the record straight."