A DRINK-driver has criticised the police after his motorcycle was left at the scene of his arrest and subsequently stolen.

Representing himself in Worcester Magistrates Court last week, Luke Price said he called West Mercia Police following the incident and was promised they would contact him regarding the theft but “I haven’t heard anything since”.

However, a police spokesman confirmed a full investigation has been carried out in relation to the theft and the bike was left securely in a layby alongside McDonald’s with the defendant keeping the key.

The 24-year-old was pulled over in The Cross, Worcester, at 4am on September 21 by officers on patrol after they saw the back end of his scooter “fishtailing” along the road.

Emily Clewer, prosecuting, said the defendant’s eyes were “red and bloodshot” while his speech was slurred and he smelt of alcohol, according to a police report.Price, of Canterbury Road, Worcester, failed a roadside breath test and was arrested, with a 100 millilitre sample of breath taken at the station containing 72 microgrammes of alcohol – more than double the drink-drive limit.

Asked if he wanted to comment on the incident, Price told the hearing: “There’s nothing I wish to say.”

He was banned from getting behind the wheel for 19 months and ordered to pay a total of £553, including a £380 fine.

Initially telling magistrates he could pay the money back at £20 a week, as the ban wouldn’t affect his £1,650-a-month job as a JCB driver, he returned to court later to say he had lied.

Coming back before magistrates the same day alongside his mum in the dock, Price broke down in tears as he attempted to address the court.

His mum said he is not working at the moment and is due in crown court this week in relation to “quite a big matter”.

“He doesn’t think he will be going back to work,” she added.

Chair of the bench Judith Hulland agreed to allow Price to pay off the money owed to the court at £5 per week and reduced the overall fee due to £287.

Price is due in Worcester Crown Court on Wednesday to be sentenced for a charge of causing or inciting a child to engage in non-penetrative sexual activity.

He sent a photo of his genitals to a 14-year-old girl.

READ MORE: Worcester man sent girl, 14, picture of his genitals