AN open-air celebration of Ibiza dance music at Ragley Hall is set to support the work of a local hospice.

Classic Ibiza has teamed up the Shakespeare Hospice for its return to Ragley Hall on July 1 and 2.

The event will raise money for the hospice via donations from programmes sold and collection points across the event.

The Saturday night is already sold out and organisers hope that considerable funds will be raised for the hospice, which provides palliative and end of life care for patients, their families and carers across South Warwickshire.

Karen Davies, head of income generation at The Shakespeare Hospice, said: “All our services are free at the point of delivery, but they are not free to provide. Like many other charities, our ability to generate income has been severely impacted by the pandemic.

"The demand for our services is increasing and rapidly outgrowing available funds and this year they will cost £2.4 million. We receive an 11% contribution towards our costs from the NHS and therefore rely heavily upon the generosity of people in our community to help generate the remaining 89%.

“We are thrilled to be partnering with Classic Ibiza at Ragley Hall in 2022. Your support will help us continue providing the best care possible for patients and their families in the local area.”

Lisa Ward, promoter of Classic Ibiza, added: “We can’t wait to be back at Ragley Hall this summer. Having to cancel our show last year meant that we were unable to support The Shakespeare Hospice in the amazing work that they do across the region.

"This year, we are delighted to more than double our charitable contribution to them from the sale of concert programmes, which are always a massive hit with the Classic Ibiza crowd.”