LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT1888324
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to enable gas replacement works and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Thursday 19 November 2020, with works expected to take 5 weeks to complete. However the Order will remain in force for 6 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will in Kingston Avenue temporarily:-
- prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting at its junction with Gander Green Lane; and
- introduce waiting restrictions - 'no waiting at any time' and loading restrictions - 'no loading at any time' between No. 1 and its junction with Gander Green Lane.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the prohibition is in place will be via Gander Green Lane, Windsor Avenue and vice versa.
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager - Highways & Transport.
Dated 22 October 2020