Protect yourself against the threat of Carbon Monoxide poisoning

REDDITCH residents are being urged to protect themselves against the deadly threat of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

New research from the Carbon Monoxide – Be Alarmed! campaign has found that 35 million households in the UK could be at risk of poisoning if they don’t have an alarm in their home which will act as a warning sign.

Carbon monoxide has no smell, colour or taste, and can be produced by any fuel-burning appliance – such as a boiler, cooker or fire – which is faulty or doesn’t have adequate ventilation.

Town MP Karen Lumley is supporting the campaign, which encourages people to ensure they have an audible Carbon Monoxide alarm and that they have all fuel-burning appliances serviced annually.

The MP said: “Carbon Monoxide is a deadly gas that you can’t see, smell or taste. Too many people are dying or suffering needlessly from Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

"That’s why I am urging every resident in Redditch to make sure they and their loved ones are protected by installing an audible carbon monoxide alarm.”

For more information, visit co-bealarmed.co.uk.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree