A WOMAN died as the result of an industrial disease, an inquest has been told.
Linda McGuirk, 62, from Hollywood, died in her home on January 8 after her health deteriorated.
During the course of her working life Mrs McGuirk was exposed to asbestos, as a result of which she developed mesothelioma, a form of cancer that affects that lines the inner surface of the chest.
The medical cause of death was given as carcinomatosis, a condition in which cancer has spread widely and mesothelioma of the right pleura.
The coroner for Worcestershire recorded a verdict that she died as the result of an industrial disease.